Jump to content
DiamondCentric

Brock Beauchamp

Site Manager
  • Posts

    253
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    66

Everything posted by Brock Beauchamp

  1. There are a few metrics you can use. A good metric for pitching is FIP. It isolates pitching down to the things a pitcher can control: strikeouts, walks, and home runs. Then it builds an ERA-like number (lower is better). You can find this on FanGraphs, Baseball Ref, or lots of other sites. Here is a cool guide to peruse as well, though it's pretty dense.
  2. I think that's underselling Youk a little. He was obviously a walk machine, but he also had three consecutive seasons with a slug over .500. He wasn't merely patient; he was also a good hitter. But you're right, you have to be a good hitter or MLB pitchers will just pump strikes at you.
  3. Personally, I care a lot whether games are slow. I was on the verge of actually disliking baseball from 2022-2024. I'm fine with an automated zone, but it needs to be fast. And I don't think the technology is at that point right now, at least that's the vibe I'm getting from various reading.
×
×
  • Create New...